In compliance with guidelines released by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and office of the Governor on April 27th, 2020, the City of Florence has made the following decisions concerning Athletic Programming.
- Baseball Programs for Maple Park, McLeod Park, PALS Little League ages 5-12 are cancelled for the 2020 Spring Season.
- Soccer is cancelled for the remainder of the 2020 Spring Season.
- Florence Youth Softball Program is cancelled for the 2020 Spring Season
- Florence Youth Summer Basketball League is cancelled
- Florence Track program has been cancelled
- JR/SR. Baseball Program is postponed until May 22nd, 2020 and registration is currently open
- Athletic Summer Camps are cancelled
Refunds/Account Credits for each league will be made available based on the status of the league when the season was postponed. Contact the City of Florence Athletics & Sports Tourism Department at 843-665-3253 for more information.
- Florence Gymnastics Center is closed until June 1st, 2020.
- Pearl Moore Basketball Center is closed until June 15th, 2020.
- The Florence Tennis Center continues to operate; however doubles play is not allowed and the building will remained closed until May 24th, 2020.
Sports Tourism Tournament Facility Update:
- All events for Florence Soccer Facility, Florence Tennis Center and Freedom Florence are cancelled/Postponed until July 1st, 2020
- All events for the Pearl Moore Basketball Center are cancelled/postponed until September 1st, 2020.
The City of Florence looks forward to beginning programs in the fall of 2020 with baseball, softball, football, cheer, volleyball, and Cross Country and City officials will continue to monitor and follow official recommendations on social distancing and mitigation guidelines.